It’s been very long long since the latest release (1.3) of my precious WP Movie Ratings plugin. In fact, it was way too long. But it had also its bright sides, for example, I had lots of time to test it out thoroughly. Some of you bugged me via email to place your hands on the newest version before its official release and I was very happy to send it to you as it made for a great beta testing pool (thanks!). Lots of bugs were squished. Lots of code changed. I think that this is the point when my plugin reaches some kind of maturity. In its current form, that is, as there are some very heavy changes planned for 2.0.
But getting back to the just released v1.4, here are some notable changes:
- new features: pagination when in page mode, default sorting options for page mode, option to highlight top rated movies, ability to edit imdb links for already rated movies.
- movies are now grouped together by month when sorting by view date in page mode.
- added a new database field with optional link that is used instead of imdb.
- if no imdb link is given, the plugin will not look for the movie’s title on imdb.
- fixed lots of rendering problems, character encoding issues and bugs.
You will find the detailed list of changes in the
changelog file. And here’s the direct download link. Enjoy!